Speaking Engagements

In Memoriam


Last Monday I received a call from my client that Connie Penne, the Vice President of Membership for the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) had passed away suddenly over the weekend.

The staff at NBAA and my team was shocked and grieved by the loss. Connie was an intelligent and accomplished marketer. Just this summer she was a presenter at the DMAW Bridge Conference. Before joining NBAA, she was the Director of Member Data and Strategic Services at AARP.

But I will remember Connie most as a person of kindness.

I still remember calling Connie after we had made a big mistake on our first marketing campaign that we did for her back in 2005. I explained what we had done wrong knowing the embarrassment and problems that it would cause her and her organization. I still remember her response to my call. She thanked me for my honesty, accepted my apologies, and said “let’s get this fixed for our next promotion”. We continued to enjoy a great working relationship over the years.

Connie is survived by her husband and three children.

For those of you who knew Connie, I wanted to let you know that the memorial service has been scheduled for Saturday, September 6, at 7 pm. at College Parkway Baptist Church, 301 College Parkway, Arnold, MD, 21012. There will be a reception following the service at the church.NBAA has been working with College Parkway Baptist Church to establish a Memorial Fund for Connie. Contributions to the fund will help the Penne family address a variety of immediate and long-term financial challenges. Persons wishing to make a contribution to the Fund may do so by making a check payable to “The Connie Penne Memorial Fund.” Please note that contributions to the Connie Penne Memorial Fund are NOT tax deductable.

Mail should be addressed to:

The Connie Penne Memorial Fund
C/o College Parkway Baptist Church
P.O. Box 859
Arnold, Maryland 21012

Connie was a woman of faith and was very involved with the faith-based organization Samaritans Purse, particularly their “Operation Christmas Child” effort. Persons wishing to make a tax deductable contribution to Operation Christmas Child in Connie’s name may use the following link.

https://giving.samaritanspurse.org/p-100-operation-christmas-child.aspx

The link allows a donation to be given in memory of an individual.

If you knew Connie and want to add a comment here, please feel free to do so.

2 comments:

Lindy Dreyer said...

I didn't know Connie, but I'm very sorry for our community's loss. My condolences to Connie's family, friends and colleagues.

Scott Oser said...

I had the pleasure of working with Connie at AARP and then getting back and touch with her and speaking with her on panels at DMAW Association Day last year and The Bridge Conference this year. I got the same email Tony got and to say I was shocked is an understatement. Connie was great to know and this was a huge loss for the association and the marketing community.